Thursday, December 17, 2009

Master's Moleskine






Today’s Quote;  …”.mastery isnt reserved for the supertalented or even for those who are fortunate to have gotten an early start. Its available to anyone who is willing to get on the path and stay on it ----regardless of age, sex or previous experience. “
                                                                                                                        George Leonard

Have you ever said that you are ‘a jack of all trades and a master of none’? Why? Mastery is available to you if you are willing to put in the time, energy and discipline. What are you Mastering today? What would you Master if you had the chance/opportunity?

.
My Thoughts; There are usually 1-3 people who have had a significant impact on your life. Like the banks of a great river, they have shaped your life and have influenced its ultimate direction. You are here to read this because of that impact. Take a moment today to tell them thank you in some meaningful way.  I honor the spirit of my Mom, my Dad and coach Frank and others that have helped shape me into the person I am today.


Things We Love;  Last night for dinner, we had some fluffy, hot scrambled eggs with cheese, crispy thick sliced bacon and hot, buttered raisin toast. Bacon is one of three indicators that the Universe loves us.  You figure out the other two.



Music in my Head:  Brian McKnight - Noel,  and of course Luther singing O Come All Ye Faithful. amazing.


Travels; been flying back and forth between Dallas and Austin this week. Cant wait to get home, this is Christmas shopping weekend!

Deliciousness; I found the recipe for my eggnog that I make every year! Its high octane and makes enough to last until summer time.  Cant wait!!!

Adventures this week; trying to untie stiff, near frozen dock line near dawn while kneeling on concrete. 20-25 mph gusts of wind cause the whole dock to shudder as I attempt to secure the boat in the slip. In these dark moments before dawn the lake seems irritated and unsettled. Boating is wonderful, until days like that when you suspect the weather is conspiring with the water to try and eat you.

Ex Libris;  “The Healing Power of the Drum”  “Beyond Fear, A Toltec Guide to Freedom and Joy”, "Freakonomics"

I am thankful for; My Dad’s successful surgery. My daughter playing basketball with heart and enthusiasm. Keeping Christmas

Discover the Event;  We are hard at work preparing to stand for the titles at the Southwest Leather Conference 2010  Friday, January 22, 2010 - Sunday, January 24, 2010 – go to the website for details! http://www.southwestleather.org/

Wisdom; A man is nothing without his word. 
My Dad always taught me that a man’s word is his bond. One of the few things even a poor man has is his word. Your word should never be broken. Always keep your promises, which may be difficult so don’t go around throwing around promises lightly.





No comments:

Post a Comment